Monday, October 10, 2011

 So I started out with a post idea about netbooks and how other blogs are talking like they are a thing of the past and that got me thinking about so much more.
 
   Even though I am hardly a blogger and I keep this blog for pure entertainment I always do a little research before I post. So while I dug out the netbook, blew the dust off and booted up I felt something. I felt like I've been missing something for awhile and the short and sweet of it is technology.

  At the beginnning of the year I started working for a company doing web design. The company did race prep for Ferrari. While I was working for the company I fell in love with the excitement of racing and have stayed with it for the past year. I left that company for another to be closer to the racing and further away from the technology that I began missing. I became a drone. I only used computers to check email and do work related tasks. In short I began hating it.

  Over the summer I drifted further and further away from doing what I love to working a job that I dislike more and more because it takes me away from tech. Sure, I've done some traveling and I've seen and learned some great things but I can't be happy without being totally immersed in the tech world.

 All it took was an article about breathing life into a netbook for me to realize that I have so much more to offer in the tech world than I do in the race world. I love blogs, youtube, how-to's, hacks, tweaks, everything geek! I know the readers of Modern Geekery (all 2 of us) have heard this before but I'm back baby. I'm feeling refreshed just typing this post on my little Acer Aspire One. I can't wait to see where tech takes me again and I hope your ready for the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you came back.